
So, this is kinda how my morning went.....
6:30 got off work
7:00 got to Tim's and got J off to school
8:20 got K up and off to school at 8:45
9:00 got home and settling in to go to bed
9:01 phone rings, it's my dad....he blew a tire on his way to his CT scan
9:20 arrive to pick up dad and haul him to his appointment. Leaving truck
along roadside
11.00 back home from appointment and hook up with Tim to get my dad's tire
changed
12:00 tire changed, dad back in business.......
12:30 here I sit, not tired...so posting my pic for the day....good thing I
don't have to work tonight.
I was so glad I was around to answer the phone to help my dad out....... He
was hesitant to even call but I told him I'd have kicked his butt if he
hadn't and I found out later........


3 comments:
I bet that did feel good to be able to help out your dad.
Yes, I was of course happy to be able to help. I felt bad for him though...I literally had to grab his arm and yank him away like 4 times as he attempted to "help" with changing the tire. At one point he threw his hands up and said "Oh GOD I hate being so GD helpless!!!". Oh man.....um...first of all, he's 70 years old, battling Pancreatic cancer...and just had hernea surgery last week!!! Dad, I tell ya! I wouldn't exactly call him helpless. If I know him, he'll be chopping wood by next week. ;)
ugh what a long day. at least you were there to help!
Post a Comment