Monique 254/365


Despite appearances, this really is a purebred Dachsund, a miniature
long-coated to be precise. A lot of folks are surprised to find out that
doxies come in anything but solid red, solid black & tan, or “dappled”,
which is called merle in other breeds, when in fact they have a color and
pattern diversity equaled by few if any other breeds. This little cutie is
a roan piebald, the roan being the mix of white and dark hairs and piebald
the large black patches on her back not visible in this shot. The ‘flecked’
appearance of her chest is called ‘ticking’, a pattern seen often in some of
the gundog breeds and required in the English Setter. It’s unusual in
doxies, so I’m glad I got to meet this tiny, shy critter, shown leaning for
reassurance on her guy’s shoe.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

I used to sell dappled pups, as I like to call them, at a pet store I worked at. they are so beautiful! As puppies they are so adorable you can't help but smile!

Renatta said...

ooooh how adorable, she looks so soft

Robin in NJ said...

Cute!

Lynn said...

Nothing like a weenie dog!

Labels

Followers


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP