This day started a string of thunderous afternoons; every day since we have
had at least one thunder shower and sometimes as many as five. A fairly
sizable bolt hit about ten feet from the manager’s apartment, across the
street, and one of my neighbors (not the usual one) decided he was going to
go see if there was a scorch in the lawn (there is). No joke, *as I was
yelling at him to get his tall, dumb butt indoors* a bolt came down between
the two of us! It hit about six feet from him, leaving this mark fried into
the road directly in front of my apartment. The actual hole is about four
inches wide and at least a quarter inch deep! I came *thisclose* to getting
a shot of it, but I had to settle for proof of how far away the neighbor was
from the strike, (sarcasm) poor me (/end sarcasm).
had at least one thunder shower and sometimes as many as five. A fairly
sizable bolt hit about ten feet from the manager’s apartment, across the
street, and one of my neighbors (not the usual one) decided he was going to
go see if there was a scorch in the lawn (there is). No joke, *as I was
yelling at him to get his tall, dumb butt indoors* a bolt came down between
the two of us! It hit about six feet from him, leaving this mark fried into
the road directly in front of my apartment. The actual hole is about four
inches wide and at least a quarter inch deep! I came *thisclose* to getting
a shot of it, but I had to settle for proof of how far away the neighbor was
from the strike, (sarcasm) poor me (/end sarcasm).



2 comments:
Wow! That's a wild story. I've seen it strike a tree about 20 yards away from me but this sounds way too close!
Scariest strike I ever saw before this was a quarter mile away in a field near Salem, Oregon--while I was driving, 55 on a wet country highway so twisty it looked like a snake having a spasm, and at 6:30 in the morning so I was blinded because the sun wasn't up yet! That dang road had 8-foot-deep ditches on both sides and I nearly put my repulsively titanic Plymouth sedan nose-first into one. Even on dry days I can still see the road damage in this post from my balcony!
Post a Comment