
Just about everyone I know who lives in any given state or region has at
least one thing they really wish wasn’t part of their landscape. For me,
it’s fire season…fire on that epic scale terrifies me, and evacuation would
be difficult at best for us. I don’t generally keep up on the news, so I
don’t have details on this fire—but this was taken maybe eight hours after
the first plume of smoke went up. It could have been a lightning strike
that smoldered for several days before breaking out, or it could have been
human carelessness. Luckily, the one thing it was not was long-lived!


2 comments:
That does look scary - glad they were able to put it out.
Now that we're likely safely out of another fire season, I'm breathing sighs of relief and already starting to pray next summer is as mild as this one was!
Post a Comment