Anthony 149/365


Had to stop driving to take a call, as luck would have it, I was at
Stonehenge at the time, so in-between calls I took some pictures.

Stonehenge is largely considered an ancient site of worship, with the
earliest parts of dating back well over 4000 years. The actual reason for
this construction is unknown, as no know documentation has been found from
the culture that created them. However many theories exist, the current
theory in the scientific community is it was used as centre for burials,
with services also being conducted there. Other non-scientific explanations
have been, Merlin's healing circle (King Arthur's Warlock advisor), a
communications device for talking to the dead and finally a landing pad for
aliens.

What do you think?

6 comments:

Linda said...

This picture kicks ass!

Unknown said...

Always wanted to visit - that picture is great!!

Amanda Nellie said...

I think it's probably something much more mundane than we suspect. A place to toss the rubbish, or something like that.

Lynn said...

Could the clouds have been any more perfect for this pic!! What a wonderful shot! Funny how you had to take a call and happened to be at Stonehenge :)

Renatta said...

oh so i was driving down the road and someone texted me and oh look i'm at stonehenge, i'll just hang out here for awhile..... like really? hahah, this picture is AWESOME.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone, yep Renatta it was pretty much that random. Glad I had some time to wander around, I have been meaning to visit the site for years!

Labels

Followers


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP