Monique 166/365


I knew from the second I snapped the shutter this would be my post for this
day, the clasped hands from the moment the bride’s father turned away to the
presentation of the rings. These kids have known each other since
4thgrade, and in all areas of their lives they work to be good people,
and they
walk what they talk, just like the groom’s grandparents—no saying one thing
and doing another, because they genuinely believe that isn’t the right thing
to do. When the groom was asked (repeatedly, apparently) why in the world
he’d want to get married on a Friday the 13th, his answer was “It’s good
enough for my uncle to have been born on, and it’ll do just fine for my
wedding.” My neighbor, the uncle in question, nearly exploded from pride,
joy, and love during this short, upbeat, *wonderful* ceremony written and
delivered by the groom’s maternal grandfather. I don’t think there’s enough
good in the world for me to wish on these two! The very least I can say is
that it was worth the 700-mile drive and more to get to be there on such a
wonderful occasion. I can also add that despite superstitions about the
date, the ceremony went along very close to perfect in every detail—even
little itty kids were behaving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this pic and story. It warmed my heart tonight and brought a tear to my eye!

Lynn said...

Lovely story - its nice to know that there are good things happening out there. Sometimes listening to the news is so depressing - it's stories like this that make me smile.

SilentMenagerie said...

I hear they're doing well, and I must admit I kind of dread eventually telling them the trees featured in the framed photo the groom chose as a wedding gift are the same ones in my post #250 for this year :(

Labels

Followers


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP