I went to the BBC proms last night with Nicki and friends, it was very
relaxing, here is a brief history if you're interested.
The first Proms concert took place on 10 August 1895 and was the brainchild
of the impresario Robert Newman, manager of the newly built Queen's Hall in
London.
The BBC took over the Proms in 1927, and for three years the concerts were
given by 'Sir Henry Wood and his Symphony Orchestra', until the BBC Symphony
Orchestra was formed in 1930.
The 100th Proms season took place in 1994 and the festival now includes over
70 main Prom concerts every year, ever widening the range of symphonic and
operatic music presented.
3 comments:
Wow thats pretty cool!! Great picture of the fire works too
The fireworks look awesome!
Ooh, that would be so much fun!
p.s. I love your history lessons; I always feel smarter afterwards!
Post a Comment