Monique 122/365


My sweetie has known for a long time that I’m not especially excitable when
it comes to gifting holiday items being given only on the holiday, so he
brought home an anniversary bouquet early because he found one he was sure I
would like. Boy, was he right! This is one side of it—a pile of lilies and
roses the size of half a bowling ball! He knows I love rarities, but did
not know until my head practically exploded that this bouquet also included
what I think is a Sterling Silver rose, a real lilac-colored beauty that is
as close to true blue as roses get without genetic engineering using
pigment-producing genes from other plants to get roses to make blue
pigment. I left the entire arrangement on my desk, right next to me, until
yesterday when I noticed lily petals falling. An upcoming post will show
the fate of these beauties!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Very sweet - that he put so much thought not only into the gift but also the timing. Very pretty bouquet.

SilentMenagerie said...

And they are still gorgeous dried. I'll be setting them back in the original vase up in a sheltered corner fairly soon, I'm sure.

Labels

Followers


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP