Oh a Crossbill, lucky YOU...I watched for them constantly for all the years I lived up north...never saw a one! Thank you for the great picture!
Great picture!I see why ther are called crossbills.
what an interesting beak! they're so cute!
That beak is specialized to pry open pine cones, as pine seeds (aka pignoli or pine nuts for you cooks) are always oily & nutritious.
Post a Comment
© Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008
Back to TOP
4 comments:
Oh a Crossbill, lucky YOU...I watched for them constantly for all the years I lived up north...never saw a one! Thank you for the great picture!
Great picture!I see why ther are called crossbills.
what an interesting beak! they're so cute!
That beak is specialized to pry open pine cones, as pine seeds (aka pignoli or pine nuts for you cooks) are always oily & nutritious.
Post a Comment