Monique 97/365


I swear, I’m gonna invent White Pickup Bingo as a game to keep people busy
on long trips, because those freakin’ things are everywhere! Seriously,
count just the white pickup trucks next time you’re at a four-way red
light—last time I tried that, in Idaho, I got to 14 before the light
changed. Categories will be along the lines of Large, Small, Canopy,
Business Logo On Side, by maker, dually, resident, tourist, etc. You spot a
canopied white dually king-cab four-door extended bed with a business logo
on the side and its name on an out-of-state custom plate (out of region is
even better!), that’s an automatic win! I’ve a photo from last year in Post
Falls, Idaho (population around 22,000) of three white trucks including the
Dakota all lined up in adjacent parking spaces in a miniscule strip mall,
and that one I titled The White Plague. My ‘Great White Chariot’ is no
small fry, sporting a full bed and a full back seat, but this F250 is *
definitely* in my personal ‘Big Brother Bob’ category! I think maybe the
funniest thing about the White Plague is that the only reason my neighbor
ended up with the Dakota is that no one in his folks’ home town wanted a
white truck! White pickups are just one more little detail in my life that
tend to generate some surreal moments, some funny moments, and sometimes
both and more at once.

No comments:

Labels

Followers


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP