Monique 109/365


…I dunno what the name of the Iceland volcano *actually* means, but my
money’s on the translation being something along the lines of ‘The Volcano
That Ate Summer’. My backup bet is ‘The Year Summer Forgot’. Weather got
wonky after Pinatubo and Montserrat both as well, I keep reminding my
friends, and besides that there’s the very simple equation of Extra Rain –
Thunder & Lightning = Less Horrible Fire Season. Considering that the
Bitterroot is in fact still famous for pretty much burning flat 10 years
ago, it’s amazing more long-time residents don’t welcome this soaking! It’s
terrible nature-shooting weather, but that’s not still going to sting as the
days go on and we’re not choking on burning forests. I think it was ’08
that I referred to as the summer we were smoking central Idaho…

1 comment:

Liz T. said...

We're having a sucky summer over here in Western WA so far too. Although a less-scary fire season is definitely a bonus.

Labels

Followers


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP